June 27, 2014

"I" am now a "WE"!!!

Maybe this is what it's like to get married and suddenly realize you are no longer "I", but that you are part of a "we".  For me, it's 19 months in, and I'm finally giddy realizing that I'm a "we", and we are a family, and that's what I've always wanted.

Now, let's be honest, I haven't gone 2 years between posts because I've been lounging in the shade with a cocktail.  It was crazy to do what I did, and I did wonder "what was I thinking?" more than once, but I'm here now, on the other side, and have not a single regret about my baby F.

I'm glad no one was able to talk me out of becoming a choice mother.   When I doubt my motivation and efficacy, my own mom says "look at how you just made that happen, all of a sudden out of nowhere, no one could have stopped you!"

I guess you'll have to read about SMC infancy on a different blog, because we have skipped straight to toddlerhood here!  Perhaps I will reflect on those darker, lost days as we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment