January 3, 2012

new year's eve bash & crash!

If, as I like to believe, how you spend new year's eve foreshadows the year to come, I am not sure what to make of my 2012...

It started with a chance to get all gussied up.  I wore a dress hand-made by custom-order in Vietnam -- I was talked into buying it and have never actually worn it.  It's a bit tricky (tough zipper, low cut, scratchy seams) but turned out to be a lot of fun.  I almost never show cleavage!



I don't drink, and was rather surprised when I took a spoonful of pomegranates generously donated by a guest into my mouth -- yeesh!  Alcohol!  This was a sober party, so I rushed over the bearer of this fruit, and he says "oh, well, they may have fermented a bit!"  We all got a good laugh out of that over the next few hours.  Needless to say, no one else got to taste how yummy they were ;)  Fortunately, the brownies were good too.

All was merry, I got a hug from a female friend (no man to kiss this year), and parted to the sounds of neighborhood gunfire.  Let's get outta here!  After dropping my friend off at her house, the evening took a distinctly different turn.




If any of you read my gratitude list -- yes, this is the car I am/was grateful for, and the same car I just put a chunk of change into before my Thanksgiving road trip.  Ahhh, what can I say?  I've been feeling light-headed lately, and I swear this car time-warped from a "far-away, slowing-to-turn" set of headlights into an "oh-shit, they're not turning or slowing and they're gonna hit me right now" kind of car.

No one was hurt physically, and I did all the grown-up things people do, including tell 3 different officers that I hadn't had anything to drink (didn't mention the mouthful of fermented pomegranates).  It's nerve-wracking when officers are studying your face for suspicious behavior.  So, I need to update my gratitude list with:

  • good car insurance
  • road-side assistance
  • friends I can text right after I call 911.
The worst part, since no one was hurt and besides the financial consequences (not insignificant), is questioning my judgment and health. I've been wracking my brain to come up with explanations for my miscalculations.  Here is a basic list:
  1. my new eye-glasses (have made me feel light-headed)
  2. irregular meals (I wait way too long before eating sometimes)
  3. weaning off SSRI in preparation for TTC (too fast?)
  4. cutting back on caffeine in preparation for TTC
  5. stink beetles?
  6. prenatal vitamins
  7. the pink fuzzy mold that grows on my food waste?
So, what I take away (besides the need to slow down and take better care of myself) is that 2012 will be anything but dull.  Hang on for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment